As a pastor’s kid Nicole grew up in the church and has loved it all her life. She went to school for ministry and met her husband Jon in 2006 at Indiana Wesleyan University. They played ping pong, talked about Jesus, watched Michigan football games, fell in love and got married in 2008. They spent some time in Arkansas while Nicole was in grad school before moving to South Korea for two years to teach English.
When they returned to the States they visited friends at Bethel Valparaiso and knew they wanted to make it home. Nicole came on staff in 2013 administratively, and became pastoral in spring of 2015. Jon and Nicole are currently in the adoption process, waiting to bring home their first child from India. Nicole is in love with Jesus and desires to live her life out of that growing intimacy with him. She is fascinated with people, their stories, their relationships, and how she can be a part of bringing wholeness, growth and maturity to others. She loves coffee, questions and people, so ask when and where and be prepared to spend a few hours.
She has her bachelors in Christian Ministry and her Masters in Counseling and is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with her own private practice in town.
1. What are three words you would use to describe yourself? Curious, Intentional, Spunky
2. What is one of your favorite quotes? “Be loved by God, then become love so you can be love to others.” “If I were supposed to pop out of bed I would sleep in a toaster.”
3. What celebrity do you get told you look the most like? Drew Barrymore
4. What are some things on your bucket list? Travel Europe, get my PhD, compete in a ballroom dance competition, meet Heidi Baker, have children from multiple nations.
5. What do you love most about your job? Getting clearer understanding of love and truth and walking others into that as well, watching them experience God’s crazy love in a new way. I love dreaming about and coming into alignment with God’s destiny for this church family and watching it unfold.