Kyle Felke is the Sr. Pastor of Bethel Valparaiso Church in Valparaiso, Indiana. In his youth, Kyle and his family regularly attended Catholic Mass and Sunday school. At a young age, Kyle sensed a call from God to vocational ministry. A children’s volunteer affirmed this when she shared her thoughts that he might be called to the priesthood. While at a basketball camp in the summer of his sophomore year, Kyle received the message of Christ’s sacrifice for personal salvation. In 2004, he was introduced to Holy Spirit and became increasingly hungry for more of God.
Kyle and his wife, Alisa, met in high school, attended Taylor University together, and were married in 2005. While at Taylor, Kyle received his Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Literature. In 2008, Kyle and Alisa answered God’s calling to move to Redding, California. Kyle attended two years at the Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry while Alisa worked as a nurse. Their first son, Lucas, was born in 2010 and only two months after he arrived, they followed God back to Indiana.
In 2011, Kyle was asked to become the Associate Pastor at Bethel-Valparaiso serving under Sr. Pastor Garner Tullis. Alisa was pursuing her Masters degree while working part time and their second son, Jaden, was born in 2012.
The summer of 2014 was very eventful. Alisa graduated with a Masters in Nursing and accepted a job as a Certified Nursing Midwife at Prima Bella Women’s Health. Garner felt called to step away from his role at the church in order to start a non-profit organization and Kyle was asked to become the Sr. Pastor.
Kyle and Alisa desire to serve Northwest Indiana and the rest of the world through the love of God and power of his presence. They are driven by the purpose of seeing heaven manifest on earth as people experiencing God’s love and through transformation walking in their true identity. They long to be a part of births both physically and spiritually and mature into Christ through the Holy Spirit by equipping the church to bring the Kingdom of God into all areas of life.
1. What are three words you would use to describe yourself? Enthusiastic, compassionate and whimsical.
2. What is one of your favorite quotes? “How can you be hurt when love keeps no records of wrongs?”
3. What celebrity do you get told you look the most like? Some have said I look like Harry Connick Jr.
4. What are some things on your bucket list? I would love to visit Israel. I want to hike a mountain. I would love to see a city walking under the influence of the power and love of God.
5. What do you love most about your job? Watching as people encounter truth and becoming inspired to walk out their identity. Seeing the hunger of people grow to see heaven on earth. Watching people take risk and thrive in their call to ministry inside and outside of the church.