Kalah is originally from West Palm Beach, Florida. She graduated from Southeastern University, in Lakeland, Florida with a masters degree in Ministerial Leadership. She and Andrew, an Indiana native, were married in 2007. They came to Bethel after returning from their honeymoon. As young newlyweds, they fell in love with the community, the worship, and the heart of Bethel immediately.
Andrew and Kalah have been involved in the worship ministry at Bethel since shortly after they started coming to Bethel. They have served in various forms of worship leadership throughout their entire lives as they both come from musical families and parents who led worship. Together, they have four miracle babies, Elijah, Judah, Mia, and Jonah.
Kalah leads the worship department at Bethel. She believes that worship is a lifestyle and that our personal worship time is what overflows on stage during corporate gatherings. She has a heart to see a community of worshippers pursue the one thing they all have in common, their love for Jesus. Kalah desires to see people connect to the Father’s heart and to usher in the presence of God in corporate worship. She is passionate about pursuing God with a rawness and longs to see revival in this region.
1. What are three words you would use to describe yourself? Passionate, Bold, Charismatic.
2. What is one of your favorite quotes? “We must never rest until everything inside us worships God.” A.W. Tozer
3. What celebrity do you get told you look the most like? I usually hear Vanessa Hudgens. But If you really want to see my doppelgänger, take a look at my mom.
4. What are some things on your bucket list? I would like to visit Cuba to learn more about my heritage. Record an album. See Revival.
5. What do you love most about your job? The weight of leading people into worship is not lost on me. I consider it an incredible honor that I get to do this. I love watching people have love encounters with Jesus during worship. I love that my job entails combining scripture and theology with music and sound. I love that leading corporate worship, along with leading a team allows me to raise up worshippers who will take hold of their true identity and embrace the Father’s heart.