Jacob was raised in a Christian home and served in many capacities in his church growing up. He was around church so much that he used to play church at home with his sisters with him being the pastor. Through serving, he felt called to ministry at the age of 12 years old at a church youth camp.
Some years later, the call began to develop into a passion and he pursued Bible college and at 23 years of age what used to be playing church at home became a reality when he began full time ministry as a youth pastor. His passion is influential and his heartbeat is to make a difference in each persons life he comes in contact with.
Jacob has been serving as Youth Pastor at Bethel Valparaiso since January of 2014 and is married to his best friend Annelise and they welcomed their first baby girl Eleena Marie Gomez, May 15, 2017.
1. What are three words you would use to describe yourself? Passionate. Determined. Eager.
2. What is one of your favorite quotes? Burning ones lead.
3. What celebrity do you get told you look the most like? Mario Lopez.
4. What are some things on your bucket list? Travel to Greece, visit each MLB stadium, visit famous landmarks throughout a full year.
5. What do you love most about your job? When someone thanks me for making a difference in their life.